Friday, March 18, 2011

Charlotte weekend

This weekend, Ritchie and I rode to Waynesville, NC to check out a new truck he was interested in buying. Conveniently, the Tarheels were playing in a championship game on Friday night, so we stopped in Charlotte on Friday night to watch the game and spend the night. We had so much fun. We ate dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse, but unfortunately the main pregnancy side effect I have had so far, is that I cannot stand the smell of meat. I didn't realize this until I ordered this big ol expensive steak, of course, but i ate about one bite and that was all I could manage. The weird thing is, when I was pregnant with Jackson, I begged Ritchie to cook steak for me several times a week! Crazy how different two pregnancies can be! We got up Saturday morning and drove the rest of the way to Waynesville, which is in the NC mountains. The ride was beautiful! The truck he test drove was huge and the only place to test drive it was around the mountain side. I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack. In the end, we felt like this was just not the truck for us. There were some things obviously wrong with it and we just didn't have a great feeling about it, so we drove the 7 hours back home on Sunday. All in all a great weekend get-away even if we didn't really get much accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment